For my project proposal, I will be researching memory strategies that will foster learning throughout my science lessons. I plan to focus my research on students with learning disabilities. I am a regular education teacher with a full-inclusion classroom; which means I have eight students each year that have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Learning Disability (LD). Due to the fact that I team teach, I will be carrying out my research on two seperate classes, both with the same diverse make-up.
The approaches that I plan to implement throughout my research include; mnemonics using imagery, first-letter technique, chuncking, KWL charting, and collaborative strategic reading (CSR). Various articles that I have gathered, as well as readings throughout our book, have lead me to believe that these strategies will produce more comprehensive lessons to students with a variety of learning disabilities.
Chapters in the book that may be helpful throughout this research include the following:
~ Chapter 6: Memory Strategies and Metacognition
~ Chapter 4: Working Memory (Short-Term Memory & Working Memory Approaches)
~ Chapter 5: Long-Term Memory (Levels of Processing)
~ Chapter 8: General Knowledge (Semantic Memory)
I believe that the above mentioned chapters have the necessary information for me to better understand how the mind works. Related articles will advance my knowledge further and assist me to carry out a more sucessful project. Furthermore, by introducing such a variety of learning strategies, students will be able to adapt to the aproach that best suits their individual learning needs.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The start is good, but you still don't tell me what exactly you do?
You are to post on your blog a detailed summary of your project proposal.
Particularly I am looking for the following:
-what is the applied part of your proposal (remember we DO NOT apply it, only describe in detail the METHODS);
What do you plan to measure and how?
OK, it is a good start. You use a little too many methods, you have only two groups, how do you plan to see if each of your methods works?
Go ahead and start your literature review and we will talk about your design.
Post a Comment